10 THINGS You Need to Know About Slovenia Travel Forum
Slovenia Travel Forum is the largest Slovenia travel community on Facebook, where hundreds of foreign travellers are joining weekly to have their Slovenia travel enquiries resolved.
- Slovenia Travel Forum is a travel tips sharing group for international travellers planning to visit Slovenia, who are in need of a travel advice from those who have already visited Slovenia. The purpose of this forum is assisting traveller’s enquiries by other travellers.
- This travel group is run by Slovenian journalist Marijana Podhraski and photographer Samo Smarcan, both Ljubljana natives. We are also creators of Let’s Go Slovenia travel blog – www.letsgoslovenia.si where we share our first-hand tips about visiting places in Slovenia. (worth checking out) 🙂
- We administrate this group in our free time, along with our full-time jobs in Slovenia.
- This is NOT an official Slovenian Tourist Board (STO) group and has nothing to do with the Slovenian governmental tourist office which is promoting Slovenia worldwide.
- Is joining free? Joining our Slovenia Travel Forum is free. If you find the group helpful you can support our work in different ways (more at the end of this post).
- Is everybody welcome? We created this group for international visitors of Slovenia. However, there are rules you need to comply with and respect them in order to be part of and remain a member of the group. There is a high volume of fake accounts trying to join the group and harass the members with money, visa and/or sharing not Slovenia related content. To protect the members of the group, we have to confirm every single membership request and post manually. Also, members who use any sort of rude language and disrespectful remarks are not welcome and will be removed.
- Why did we create Slovenia Travel Forum? We have visited and travelled around more than 50 countries ourselves. What we realized through our travel experiences is that when planning a visit to a foreign country, first-hand travel tips from other travellers are definitely the most valuable ones.
- Can locals join? Yes, we let local people join the group. However, those locals who join Slovenia Travel Forum with a purpose to advertise their properties and tourist services to international travellers will be removed from the group. This is primarily a first-hand travel tips exchange forum, locals who just post links of organizations, hotels, transfers without even actually using them, will be also removed.
- How long does it take to have an enquiry approved by us? As mentioned earlier, we moderate this group in our free time – when we are off work. In order to keep this group healthy without spam posts and accounts, we have to check each post and account. Still, we tend to have all enquiries approved within 24 hours.
- How can you support our work? You can LIKE and/or FOLLOW our Let’s Go Slovenia FB and X (Twitter) account. Reading our www.letsgoslovenia.si travel blog would also be very appreciated. If you find our travel tips and efforts of providing and maintaining Slovenia Travel Forum platform helpful, you can also buy us coffee via Ko-Fi app on our www.letsgoslovenia.si page. Thank you.
- ADDITIONALLY: Advertising and using this platform to drive customers to commercial service is not allowed. Companies and tourist service providers (including tourist guides) who would like us to help them grow their business can contact us via our e-mail: email@example.com